Aarthi Gunnupuri

Girl-crushing on Lisa Ray

My interview with the actor, cancer survivor and wonderful writer  is in this month's (March 2011) Femina.

Here's are bits from her blog that I love.

"My dad and I sat by the side of the Ganges and dipped our fingers in the sacred river. He placed his hand on the crown of my head, leaving droplets in my pilgrim fuzz. We watched the faithful immerse themselves. Flashes of flesh, fabric flung away, a human ache meets the waters.


The waters cleanse it all away.


It is said." 
---------
"Light precipitation tonight. All over my pillow. Every morning I wake to tickle from disengaged follicles. My hair is falling, my hair is falling! Evidence. Finally! The little piles make me think of the pleasant tangles washed up on the beach of Georgian Bay. Each length has a story, not necessary to know. But necessary to note. This reverse sowing that’s taking place on my head."
------------














No comments

Post a Comment