“I aaam comin’ up so you better get this party started,” Pink crooned while we dressed up.
I wore a spaghetti-strap top, my friend wore a little black dress and we pretended we were American teenagers. We heard faint honking nearly drowned out by the music and rushed out.
Compared to the rest of India, Bangalore was an early adopter of the pub culture. By the time we looked old enough to sneak into clubs (the official age is 18), the club scene had peaked into a booze-soaked, weed-flavored, dance-filled crazy one.
But Loud Music and Dancing is Immoral
Now I’m grown-up, cynical and in Bangalore ten years later. I am picking up my date. The traffic is satanic. It’s already 7PM, I worry we might not make it. We have planned a crawl – through at least three places.
Nice post. Got this link while searching google. I lived in Bangalore all my life and 11.30 deadline is sure a curse for all of us. Keep writing....Liked your other post too "What meeting a hot guy..."
ReplyDelete